Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Already have a Username/Password for JKG?
Need a Username/Password?
JKG is an journal using English language, peer-reviewed, and published two times a year in June and December.
Focus and Scope
JKG is a nursing journal which publishes scientific works for nurse practitioners and researchers. JKG welcomes and invites original and relevant research articles in nursing as well as literature study and case report particularly in nursing.
Articles sent to the journal are not yet published. To avoid double publication, JKG does not accept any articles which are also sent to other journals for publication at the same time. The writer should ensure that all members of his/her team have approved the article for publication. Any research report on humans as subject should enclosure the signed informed consent and prior ethical approval was obtained from a suitably constituted research ethics committee or institutional review board. If any financial support was received, or relationship(s) existed, the authors should mention that no conflict of interest of any financial support or any relationship or other, exists during a research project. Those points should mention in the Cover Letter to Editor of JKG.
Each manuscript is reviewed by the editors, and if of a sufficient standard, sent for blinded reviewed by at least two editorial board members as chosen by the journal team based on their expertise. In the reviewing process, there are at least two reviewers for each manuscript for the related topic. Judgement from the first reviewer will be the main priority on which the editor will make their decision, if there are only two reviewers. Three weeks will be needed for reviewer to complete one round of the reviewing process.Generally, the candidate of the reviewers will be chosen based on their reputation in the international publication number and the study quality. For the next step, the editor sends an invitation letter to each candidate of the reviewer. After the candidate of the reviewer has been informed of their availability for the reviewing process, the editor can create an account for each reviewer and then send manuscript by OJS.All of the reviewing process is done by way of a blind review and is managed by the editor in OJS. The result may be accept submission, revision required, resubmit for review, resubmit elsewhere, and decline submission. The sending author is given opportunity to correct the article on the basis of suggestion received from the reviewer. Certain information of whether the article is accepted and published or refused is given to the sending author in written.
The article of research should be written in Bahasa or English on essay format which is outlined as follow:
- Title Page. This includes: the title of the manuscript, thefull names without academic and professional credentials with commas between names. A number (1) is to be used to designate the corresponding author with academic and professional credentials, institutional affiliation(s), postal and e-mail addresses of each author.
- Abstract for research articles, literature review, and case report should use maximum 200 words. Research article should consist of background, methods, results and conclusion. Abstract is clearly written and is short to help readers get understanding on the new and important aspects without reading the whole article. Keywords are written on the same page with abstract separated each other with coma (,). Please use maximum 5 appropriate words for helping the indexing.
- Manuscript is in continuous order:
-Background: Background provides the state of the art of the study and consists of an adequate background, previous research in order to record the existing solutions/method to show which is the best, and the main limitation of previous research, to show the scientific merit or novelties of the paper. Avoid a detailed literature survey or a summary of the results. Purpose must read in background.
-Methods: Method consists of research design, place and time of research, population and sample, data measurement and data analysis method. Provide sufficient details of the methods including the ethical conduct.
-Results: Results state the major findings of the research instead of providing data in great detail. Results should be clear, concise and can be reported on texts or graphics. Please provide some introduction for the information presented on tables or images.
-Discussion: The discussion should explore the significance of the results of the study. The following components should be covered in discussion: How do your results relate to the original question or objectives outlined in the background section (what)? Do you provide interpretation scientifically for each of your results or findings presented (why)? Are your results consistent with what other investigators have reported (what else)? Or are there any differences?
-Conclusion: Conclusions should answer the objectives of research telling how advanced the result is from the present state of knowledge. Conclusions should be clear in order to know it merits publication in the journal or not. Provide a clear scientific justification and indicate possible applications and extensions. Recommendation should also be pointed out to suggest future research and implication in the nursing practice.
-Reference: The Reference consists of all references used to write the articles. Ensure that citations used are as contemporary as possible, including those from the current year of writing. Delete older literature citations (more than 10 years) unless these are central to your study. References should avoid the use of secondary citations (if necessary use max 20% of citations).
The structure of article of literature study is title, name of author (with no academic title); abstract; keywords; background; objectives; methods (please describe searching databases, how many article retrieved); results (summary from the research review); discussion; or conclusion; and references.
Every table is typed on 1 space. Number of table is systematic as mentioned on the texts and completed with short title each. Provide explanation on the footnotes instead of on title. Please explain on footnotes all non standards information mentioned on table. Total table should not more than 6 tables.
The layout of article is to be written in A4 paper with margin at least 2.5 for each using Microsoft Word (3000-5000 word), Times New Roman font and single-spaced. The maximum number of page is 20. Each page is numbered starting from title until the last page of the article.
Reference and citation use bracketed citation (name, year). Direct citation on references should include page number of the citation. American Psychological Association 6th edition applies in writing the article. See Examples of referencing below:
One author (a book chapter)
Easton, B. (2008). Does poverty affect health? In K. Dew & A. Matheson (Eds.), Understanding health inequalities in Aotearoa New Zealand (pp. 97–106). Dunedin, New Zealand: Otago University Press.
One author, multiple works published in the same year
Rush, E., McLennan, S., Obolonkin, V., Cooper, R., & Hamlin, M. (2015a). Beyond the randomised controlled trial and BMI--evaluation of effectiveness of through-school nutrition and physical activity programmes. Public Health Nutrition, 18(9), 1578–1581. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1368980014003322
Rush, E. C., Obolonkin, V., Battin, M., Wouldes, T., & Rowan, J. (2015b). Body composition in offspring of New Zealand women: Ethnic and gender differences at age 1–3 years in 2005–2009. Annals Of Human Biology, 42(5), 492–497.
Two authors (a journal article with doi)
Li, S., & Seale, C. (2007). Learning to do qualitative data analysis: An observational study of doctoral work. Qualitative Health Research, 17(10), 1442-1452. https://doi.org/10.1177/1049732307306924
Barnard, R., de Luca, R., & Li, J. (2015). First-year undergraduate students’ perceptions of lecturer and peer feedback: A New Zealand action research project. Studies In Higher Education, 40(5), 933–944. https://doi.org/10.1080/03075079.2014.881343
- Use "&" before the final author.
Four to seven authors
Sna, A., Nowak, A., Grabiec, P., Paszkuta, M., Tajstra, M., & Wojciechowska, M. (2017). Survey of wearable multi-modal vital parameters measurement systems. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 526. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47154-9_37
- List all authors in the reference entry
More than seven authors
Kasabov, N., Scott, N. M., Tu, E., Marks, S., Sengupta, N., Capecci, E., . . . Yang, J. (2016). Evolving spatio-temporal data machines based on the NeuCube neuromorphic framework: Design methodology and selected applications. Neural Networks, 78, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neunet.2015.09.011
Polit, D. E., & Beck, C. T. (2008). Nursing research: Generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice (8th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
World Health Organization. (2008). The global burden of disease: 2004 update. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization. Retrieved from: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_burden_disease/GBD_report_2004update_full.pdf
Author Fee (No Page Charge)
JKG is an open access journal. Since manuscript submission, authors shall not pay any processing and submission fees for article processing (free of charge), except for printed journal (shipping fee) and conference collaboration.
Manuscript should be prepared according to the following author guidelines in the MS Word article template
Guideline for Online Submission
Author should fulfill the form as detailed as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form of textbox was filled, Author clicks on “Register” button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on “New Submission”. In the Start of a New Submission section, click on “’Click Here’: to go to step one of the five-step submission process”. The following are five steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Select the appropriate section of journal, i.e. Original Research Articles, Review Article, or Short Communication. Thus, the author must check-mark on the submission checklists. Author may type or copy-paste Covering Letter in Letter to Editor.
- Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file (.doc/.docx) to be submitted, then click "Upload" button until the file has been uploaded.
- Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Covering/Submission Letter, and Signed Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
- Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to JKG, click Finish Submission button after the document is true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgment by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging into the journal web address site.
After this submission, Authors who submit the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at any time by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes the status of manuscript review and editorial process.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Reviewhave been followed.
Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, copyright of the article shall be assigned to JKG, Poltekkes Kemenkes Surakarta as the publisher of this journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all forms and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases and its transmission by any forms or media, such as electronic, electrostatic and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc., will be allowed only with a written permission from JKG, Poltekkes Kemenkes Surakarta.
The Copyright Transfer Agreement Form can be downloaded by click this link Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. The copyright form should be filled with respect to article and be signed originally and sent to the Editorial Office in the form of original email, or scanned document file (softcopy) to:
Rendi Editya Darmawan (Editor-in-Chief)
Pusat Penelitian dan Pengabdian Kepada Masyarakat Poltekkes Kemenkes Surakarta
Jl. Letjen Sutoyo, Mojosongo, Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia 57127
Telp.: +62-271-856929 Fax.: +62-271-855388
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.